“Gilmour Architects are a family run Architects, working out of Cookstown, Co. Tyrone and Carlingford, Co. Louth. The practice has expertise in both the Northern Irish and Republic of Ireland architecture and construction industries. Our work is based on over 30 years’ experience in delivering successful projects, blended with a passion for fresh and current ideas in contemporary architecture. We provide architectural and planning consultancy for all building sectors and have particular experience with listed buildings and historic structures.”
– Robbie Gilmour BSc. Arch, BArch, Gilmour Architects Director.
“Robbie qualified as an architect in 2007 through Queen’s University, Belfast and following this gained local experience working as project architect in medium to small-scale practices in Belfast. He moved to Dartmouth in Devon in 2009 and worked for BBH Architects for 5 years as senior project architect. Being based in a historic seaside town, a conservation area and area of outstanding natural beauty provided the opportunity to work on some interesting and exciting sites and projects.”
“Outside the practice, Robbie enjoys getting up to the north coast for a surf, preferably in the warmer summer months.”
Gilmour Architects website what was done
- Website and online marketing consultation
- Responsive website design
- Content management system
- Custom designed website
- Work portfolio
- Contact form
- Domain names
- Website hosting and software updates
- Search engine visibility work
- Google analytics
- Customer training
Mobile, tablet screenshots and states
Testing on Devices
UX/UI Design Process
Mind Map & Sketches
Early stage mind map
PROJECT DETAIL PAGE
So we know who we are developing for.
Excellent quality photos helped the website meet user needs and expectations.
We set up a best guess simple website straight away to gather stats with Google Analytics such as devices used, keyword searches, referrals and more. This helped inform design decisions as the project progressed.
We also discussed with the client details user needs, goals, gathered customer pain points and personal experiences with similar websites.
Feedback was also gathered from trusted contact and key users as the website and content were developed.
– Users would like clear high-resolution photos on all projects and galleries.
– Users could be deciding on an expensive purchase when researching Gilmour Architects.
– Professional photos were used when possible to show the quality and details of the work.
– A photo of the three main Architects was placed on the homepage and about page to build a personal connection.
– New Google automated testing tools gave the website 100/100 for web accessibility.
– The website also scored highly on best practices.
– An ongoing improvement plan soon to be discussed.
– Find website
– Read about company and people
– Build trust
– Find work
– Find contact info.
– Find office locations
– Follow company on social media
– Send feedback via website form
Website stats and reports allowed us to see and improve
– Desktop computers are still more popular with visitors than tablets or mobiles.
– Popular pages and portfolio items identified
– Devices used
– Click paths through website
– Top exit pages
– Visitors location, keyword terms, age groups and gender
– Top Entry pages
– Unique visitors
– Bounce rate
– Times of visits
– Duration of visits
– Types of referring websites that didn’t perform well
– Good performing pages/device combinations/screen sizes
– To gather about one year of data
– See the impact of changes
– New visitors vs returning visitors
– Web browsers / devices / operating systems
– Track individual sessions and stats
– User Flows
– Network speed
– Website speed
– Email and phone clicks
– Contact Form messages/feedback
– Goals and goal pages
– Clear easy to use navigation in standard locations.
– Logo links back to the Homepage.
– MENU on mobile and devices clear and accessible.
Rough User Flow Sketches
Detailed User Flows
Visual UI Design / Mockups
A group of architects needed an online presence and portfolio.
A custom designed and built the responsive website to match their needs.
Positive feedback from customers, company profile and visibility boosted.