“Gilmour Architects are a family-run Architects, working out of Cookstown, Co. Tyrone, and Carlingford, Co. Louth. The practice has expertise in both the Northern Irish and Republic of Ireland architecture and construction industries. Our work is based on over 30 years’ experience in delivering successful projects, blended with a passion for fresh and current ideas in contemporary architecture. We provide architectural and planning consultancy for all building sectors and have particular experience with listed buildings and historic structures.”
– Robbie Gilmour BSc. Arch, BArch, Gilmour Architects Director.
Gilmour Architects website what was done
- Website and online marketing consultation.
- Responsive website design.
- Content management system.
- Custom designed website.
- Work portfolio.
- Contact form.
- Domain names.
- Website hosting and software updates.
- Search engine visibility work.
- Google analytics.
- Customer training.
Mobile, tablet screenshots and states
We set up a best guess simple website straight away to gather stats with Google Analytics such as devices used, keyword searches, referrals, and more. This helped inform design decisions as the project progressed.
We also discussed with the client details user needs, goals, gathered customer pain points, and personal experiences with similar websites.
Feedback was also gathered from a trusted contact and key users as the website and content were developed.
- Users would like clear high-resolution photos on all projects and galleries.
- Users could be deciding on an expensive purchase when researching Gilmour Architects.
- Professional photos were used when possible to show the quality and details of the work.
- A photo of the three main Architects was placed on the homepage and about page to build a personal connection.
- New Google automated testing tools gave the website 100/100 for web accessibility.
- The website also scored highly on best practices.
- An ongoing improvement plan soon discussed.
- Find the website.
- Read about the company and people.
- Build trust.
- Find work.
- Find contact info.
- Find office locations.
- Follow the company on social media.
- Send feedback via the website form.
Website stats and reports allowed us to see and improve
- Desktop computers are still more popular with visitors than tablets or mobiles.
- Popular pages and portfolio items identified.
- Devices used.
- Click paths through the website.
- Top exit pages.
- Visitors location, keyword terms, age groups, and gender.
- Top Entry pages.
- Unique visitors.
- Times of visits.
- Duration of visits.
- Types of referring websites that didn’t perform well.
- Good performing pages/device combinations/screen sizes.
- To gather about one year of data.
- See the impact of changes.
- New visitors vs returning visitors.
- Web browsers / devices / operating systems.
- Track individual sessions and stats.
- User Flows.
- Network speed.
- Website speed.
- Email and phone clicks.
- Contact Form messages/feedback.
- Goals and goal pages.
- Clear easy to use the navigation in standard locations.
- Logo links back to the Homepage.
- MENU on mobile and devices clear and accessible.